The tactical direction of fighting in Koi no takinobori ryu.
A particular tactical task dictates the choice of technical arsenal.
As a sample, we will examine the sequence of actions within the following
applied tactical tasks: Neutralization of the adversary, The capture of
a person who has the access to the secret information.
- The hidden approach to the medium or critical distance.
To hide the intentions one should either
- move very fast (a jump, an abrupt change of the movement trajectory,
- or walk casually, diagonally to the object, from right to left,
up to the critical distance.
- The tactile contact.
Controlling the object with a slight touch to his arm (preferably an
elbow). The glance should be directed at the target's chest.
- The shocking blow.
The main requirement is to make a blow unexpected. Thus it should be
a well chosen and hard blow with a hand aimed at the throat or at the
nose from below.
- Breaking the balance.
In ideal, the blow is made with seizing the opponent's clothes or body
parts. After the blow, keeping the seizure, the opponent is thrown down.
To complete this task any throwing technique with a low amplitude, such
as reaping and sweeping.
- Destruction or capture and escort of the adversary.
This is the most difficult part of the task for it is not stereotypical,
and thus is very hard to be trained in advance. The preliminary choice
of a technique should be based on predicted injuries of the adversary:
When the adversary is captured and held, the painful control is essential.
When he is being transferred to the dislocation spot his balance should
always be controlled by breaking his vertical axis (bending him forward
- a fracture or a hard injury of the neck or larynx;
- a fracture of the right hand;
- a hard groin injury;
- a bad injury of the head.
Considering this example we can conclude that the choice of techniques
depends on tactical conditions which in their turn are defined by the
strategy. The basic strategic task of the "Koi no takinobori ryu" fighter
is to defeat the adversary by any method with the obligatory control of
his balance and the tactical conditions. Consequently, fighting as a part
of technique should not consist of eye-catching, but complicated in terms
of realization movements with high amplitude, but on contrary, it should
include controlling powerful elements.
The strategy of the powerful domination and the tactics of approaching
the critical distance leads to the following technical choice and fighting
- Everything that can be seized should be seized. Every defending action
can be finished with a seizure of the attacking opponent in order to
break his balance (while he is attacking) or put a counter-blow with
a simultaneous pulling hold by the reverse hand;
- After seizing the opponent, his vertical axis should be broken immediately
by tugging the seized part of his clothes or body;
- Considering the opponent's position, one should put a finishing blow
or go on to use a strangulation or locking technique on guard;
- The opponent should be thrown down only as a final part of the strangulation,
locking or successful hitting technique;
- Unprepared ground wrestling is extremely dangerous both in sports
and real fighting, because:
- in ground wrestling the victory usually goes not to the one who
is more skilled, but to the one who is simply heavier;
- In a real bout finding oneself on the ground means loosing the
opportunity of both a maneuvre and control of the environment. Thus,
ground wrestling should be applied only if there is no other choice
or there are some weighty reasons for that.
The fighting should not be abstract, but on the contrary, forming the
individual technical arsenal should be thoroughly considered in terms